Friday, January 2, 2009

The Tooth Fairy Gets Busted

As is obvious by the title and picture, Kyle has lost his first tooth! This actually happened in November and he lost another earlier this evening. When the first one fell, I dug out the special tooth fairy pillow that I bought probably before he even had teeth and we did the pictures and the putting it by his pillow. The pillow came with special fairy dust (i.e. gold glitter) that you sprinkle around to provide evidence of the fairy's visit. He was very excited to wake up the next morning and find the dust, he actually came into my room and told me about that before he told me about the dollar. The fun didn't last. I put the dust back in the box and put it on my dresser and he found it, reportedly while trying to put the pillow away. I wasn't here, but apparently he was pretty miffed that "mom was the one that put out that fairly dust". The experience didn't stop him from asking for the pillow again tonight.

Other then going through the motions of the tooth fairy, we have been enjoying our time at home after the holidays. I have to say, my husband amazes me. Today he got up early with baby and fed him breakfast, installed piping for the radon mitigation system he designed (I guess I should see if it works before being to amazed, but I really have complete confidence), played baseball with Kyle, cooked dinner and cut Grant's hair. This almost makes up for the fact that he thinks Bass Pro is an acceptable place to shop for my Christmas present. I feel like such a slacker sometimes, after I stop making milk for Ryan, he probably won't have any use for me at all. Fortunately, I don't think that will be anytime soon, the boy still loves to nurse, although he is getting a little better about solid foods. We have thrown the strict "only introduce a new food every three days " rule out the window and have thrown peas, applesauce, garden vegetables, pears at him along with his favorite sweet potatoes and oatmeal and bananas which he could for sure live without. He isn't overly excited about any one thing, but he doesn't spit it out either. As Jason said, I will now need to search for something new to worry about.

No comments: