Sunday, September 21, 2008

There is no potty

As I posted previously, the toilet in the boys bathroom was leaking and after multiple attempts to fix, Jason opted to just replace it. So he brought home the new version and took out the old one only to discover he was missing some bolts leaving us with no potty for Saturday. I didn't think much about it until Grant came to find me Saturday afternoon with wet pants saying sadly "Look what I did". When I asked why he hadn't put his tinkle in the potty, he said, "There is NO POTTY". Couldn't really argue with that. He was excited to "help" dad install the new version and like usual was very appreciative saying "Oh, thank you for my new potty". He can be very polite at times, for his birthday, every unwrapped present brought an "oh my goooosh" and an "oh, thank you for getting me this new puzzle/tractor/ball". The picture is of him and my niece. He thinks the world of her and has always called her "Sugar" after he heard me saying "Hey, Sugar, how are you this morning". He now repeats this phrase every time he sees her. Similarly, he calls Ryan "Sweet Heart" which is strangely appropriate for our "heart" kid.

Other then installing toilets and aerating the yard, we did manage to go out to dinner at Jason's Deli last night. It was our first dinner out as a family of 5 and I was so relieved that everything went well. No meltdowns and everyone liked their food. Just one head butting incident when Kyle tried to eat the rest of Grant's dinner so they could get to the ice cream quicker, but that was relatively minor (Grant has replaced biting Kyle out of frustration with this new head butting and we aren't really sure, but think it is the lesser of two evils since he is not very effective at the delivery as we work towards using words). I am glad everything went well, because I was really needing a break, it had been a hard day dealing with all 3 while Jason was busy working on house stuff. Today is more soccer and a birthday party, so we will probably split up letting Jason and Ryan stay here while the Grant tags along with Kyle and I.

No comments: