Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Look Who's Standing

Ryan will be 8 months old tomorrow and since this blog may end up serving as his de facto baby book, I thought I would post both the pics and the fact that he is now pulling himself up to a standing position. The attached pic was taken a few days ago and he had pulled himself to his knees and I helped him the rest of the way, but tonight, I was getting ready to put him in the bathtub with Grant and had sat him on a towel by the sink. I was apparently not moving fast enough for him because when I turned around he had reached the step stool and pulled himself all the way up. He is a healthy sized baby, but he looked so small standing there, so determined to get into that tub with his brother as fast as he could. After bathtime, he repeated the trick at the train table to get his first up close look at Thomas. Speaking of Thomas, during the bath, Grant had asked me to draw a picture of a train with the bathtub crayons. When I asked if what I drew looked like Thomas, he replied "not really". So honest. Ryan has also been able to push up into a sitting position from his tummy when he is crawling. The older boys were never big into crawling, so this is all very exciting for me to watch.

We have had a good week so far with the nice weather and my low work load have been at the park every day. Ryan even crawls into the big tunnels and the boys play peek a boo and he laughs like there is no tomorrow. I remember the nice days last fall, we would just get outside and it was time to go back in and feed Ryan. This time next year he will actually be able to run around and play.

No comments: