Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Uh Oh





We are thinking we can mark "first word" off of Ryan's milestone checklist. There is some debate as to whether "uh oh" counts as a word, but he is using it pretty frequently, like a little baby mantra, that I think we will give him the benefit of the doubt. My mom and Kyle said that he walked several steps at Grandma's, but I am for sure not counting that because his first steps should be towards me :). Kyle desperatly wanted him to repeat his trick at home tonight, but he was tired and just went back to crawling, so it will probably be soon. Kyle and I have been doing our share of walking, trying to do a mile every night. We are trying to walk a total of 100 by the end of the summer. I really hope we keep doing it, we are at 7.5 I think. It feels really good to get out of the house a little and you just never know what he will say towards the end of the loop. So far he has wanted to go every single night.
The other pics are of his new passion, baseball. He is playing coach's pitch this year and doing so well. I was afraid he would get discouraged and upset, but he has really kept his emotions in check and had some great games and not gotten discouraged when he doesn't hit right away. Everyone asks me if we work with him at home, which we do a little, but not nearly as much as I wish we could. He had quite the cheering section last Saturday as everyone picked that game to come out and see, there was me and mom of course, along with Ashlie, Anthony and Lilly, my dad and step mom and my aunt and uncle with two of my cousins kid. The other pic is of him "scoring" (they don't really keep score), the coach is in the way a little, but you can see his intense expression if you look closely.
Not Me's: I did not yell one notch below the top of my lungs for the kids to stop whining about not getting ice cream. I am so much more patient then that. I also did not find food that was so old I couldn't make out what it was under the high chair cover. After 3 kids, I know to check under there on a regular basis and I am not actually looking forward to cleaning out the basement this weekend while the oldest 2 are at the farm with my mom. If I had a free weekend, I would do something much more exciting and besides the basement is not overflowing with 9 years worth of junk that we need to get organized before it is condemened.

No comments: