Thursday, June 18, 2009

Party Time

Not much to report on the small first birthday bash held for Ryan on Sunday.  Just your basic family dinner followed by cake.  Kyle and I did get a little creative, making the star shaped ice cream cake and using the mold to cut the brownie into a star as well.  This all inspired the all-star 1st birthday theme.  I love picking out decorations for their parties, being creative, mixing and matching to find the best deal,  including the balloons, I spent around 12 dollars.  Kyle helped me make the star confetti as well.  I know to soon they will be rolling their eyes and asking if we could just put some cash in an envelope and be done with it already so they can go hang out with their friends.  There is the typical picture of Ryan playing on the box as the toy car from Grandma and Pop languishes in the back ground, but as you can see from the other pic, once assembled it was a hit.  I am not a big fan of power wheels for babies, but this one is actually well designed, he can get in and out easily and you can control addeleration and steering with the detachable handle.  The best part of this being that Kyle and Grant can also operate the handle, freeing up Jason and I to do important stuff like sitting on the couch.  The picture of Grant was just to cute, I love this outfit on him.  I bought it even though it wasn't on sale, a rare event for me, and thought I would have to bribe him to wear it, but to my surprise, he cooperated and even went around telling everyone, "look at my new pants".

No comments: