Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rotten

The title kinds of says it all.  It was a rookie mistake leaving only a 4 foot counter and a plastic cover between him and the leftover birthday cake.  He is so apt at scaling the cupboards that we have had to move our knife block to the top of the fridge (something not needed during the toddlerhood of either of his brothers).  The other pics almost make me cry.  When I was staying in the hospital and sleeping in 45 minute stretches between pumping and feeding him and meds and x-rays and labs, I had exactly one dream, a dream of Ryan as a toddler in front of our house riding his tricycle.  When I told Jason about it, it said that one day I was going to see it happen and cry, and he was so right.  I didn’t really think it would happen before he turned two though.  He is quite adept at propelling both the plastic and big tricycle, using just his little legs and on one of our few nice days, he has already discovered how cool it is to glide down the driveway like a little kamakazi.  The other pic, I just thought made him look so big in his button down, eating his sandwich and drinking his milk all by himself.  It also reminds me of yet another story of Grant’s wardrobe woes.  I have similar shirt in a 4T (I must have really went through a dressing them alike stage when Grant was 1 and Kyle was 4).  Anyways, Jason picked the shirt for Grant to wear to church and was met with the usual barrage of whines and moans that accompany any “church” clothes.  It went on a little longer then usual and we asked him what was wrong and he said “I look like a forest boy chopping trees”.  OoohK.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Love the tricycle picture, as I write with tears in my eyes! What a great dream. Of course the cake sneaking picture is adorable, too. Your boys are so cute.