Saturday, January 9, 2010

Catching Up

I meant to post this before the Christmas madness took over. Kyle received an award for exemplifying the character trait of kindness last month. This is his 2nd award in as many years at Hawthorn Hill and I am of course beyond proud of him. Having received an award in kindergarten (for exemplifying responsibility), I told him that he probably wouldn’t win again given how obsessed schools seem to be with including everyone these days. But apparently this was not the case, so kudos to Kyle, again. I feel bad in saying this award has made me take notice of just how kind he is, especially to his brothers. During our still to be blogged about trip annual trip to Crown Center, he spent nearly the whole time in the play land following Ryan around making sure he had a good time. I barely made it to the assembly with Grant and Ryan in tow and Grant completely freaked out at the number of kids in the gym, but I was glad we could go and get some pictures. The one of him at home also shows his new smile, courtesy of a fort building incident that ended with his chin abruptly hitting the coffee table and encouraging that front tooth to make an early exit. Once the swelling went down, I thought it made for really cute holiday pictures and I always reminded him to smile big so we could see his missing tooth. I realized I was the mom of thee boys when I saw the blood gushing and yelled at him to get away from the couch before he started dripping.

As for the Christmas madness, I guess I can say that we survived, but it was hard for me this year and I really don’t know why. I could probably just copy my post from last year with the guilty feelings of overbuying and worry about what will happen if we can’t hold it together another year and next Christmas finds us in different circumstances. I also can’t seem to deal with the absurd disarray the house inevitably falls into and I get so frustrated when we lose things both old and new. I wish I could just enjoy all that we have in the moment because God knows I am so thankful and appreciative. Again, maybe next year. I will post pictures and outline the highlights of which there were many in my next post, but for now, I must work at keeping my only New Year’s resolution, going to bed at 11:30, every night. So far, so good and I do feel about a million times better this week. It’s just so hard to go to bed when I am not tired and have so many things that I should be or would like to be doing.

No comments: