Sunday, July 13, 2008

Boomerang Baby

We are back in the hospital. We had a great week, but by Thursday, Ryan was having a hard time breathing and was sleeping most of the time. So Friday, I called cardiology, I called Jason, I called my friend Janet and eventually my pediatrician who had a 3:45 appointment. He agreed his breathing was labored and thought he needed to go back to CHM. I started packing up my things and he said, no, I think he should be transported. So I got to ride in the ambulance to the emergency room, the one part of the hospital we hadn't seen. Once they started oxygen in the ambulance, he felt much better. The cardiologist on call came and did and echo to make sure everything was ok with his heart, which is was. It is still just the diaphragm issue giving us problems. So here we are again, the boys and I are playing in the playroom. I am not sure what the plan is at this point, they can either try to fix the diaphragm or wait it out, cardiology was going to talk to CV surgery tomorrow. Hope everyone had a good weekend, will try to post soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandi,

Keeping you in our prayers. (Let us know if there is anything we can do -- we're all healthy now.)

Hang in there SuperRyan!

chelle & gang

Anonymous said...

Brandi -

I'm so sorry you had to go back to the hospital!! When you called on Friday, and I didn't hear anything, I assumed everything was ok. We, too, have had the "fun" experience of ambulance riding to the hospital from a dr office. With Theresa, they wouldn't even let me go to the bathroom and bring her along! They had to hold her while I went (I guess so I didn't sneak out the back door!).

Anyways, hang in there! Let me know when we can bring you more food or if your boys need to come over! I'll deliver some chocolate as soon as I can!

Janet