Monday, December 8, 2008

My Two Wise Men

Since I am the keeper of all things Santa Breakfast, my kids got to have fun with the nativity costumes.  The breakfast went well, it was my first year of being in charge and I am happy to report there were no major problems, amazing given that I had a huge work deadline and was living on very little sleep.  Mom brought the boys later, along with Ashlie and Lilly and they had a good time.  Grant whispered "I want to see Santa" and he never whispers.  When asked what he wanted, he said "I don't know".  At 6, Kyle is still prefers to avoid Santa, but reluctantly makes the obligatory visit.  I really missed having Ryan and Jason there, but we are trying to keep Ryan healthy by avoiding big crowds.   It was just hard with so many other families and babies there.  This time next year, he will be Lilly's age and walking and this will all seem like a distant memory.  With the breakfast and the work deadline behind me (well almost behind me) I am determined to have a stress free holiday.  The kids are certainly ready.  We did the tree this weekend.  With the addition of new desks in my office we now have zero space for the tree.  We finally settled on moving the 1000 lb bookshelf that Jason made into our bedroom so the stress free holiday did not get off to the best start.  As usual, Grant felt like we had opened a box of new toys to play with.  We started putting my Hallmark Classic Car ornaments up on a shelf and when I came back he said, "Mom, look what he (Jason) did".  His class started making presents today.  When I dropped him off (I haven't done that lately, he usually goes with Mom since I have been busy with work) he said to his teacher "Hi, Miss Regina, this is my friend, Mom, we came in the CRV car".   Always good for a laugh.

No comments: