Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sitting Up, Eating Up and Spitting Up

I guess the title pretty much says it all for this post. We started feeding Ryan cereal at some point last week and much to my surprise, he took to it like a little bird. I remember with the other boys, it was so hard at first, they would just let it run back out of their months or bite the spoon and not let me have it back. But Ryan figured out what it was and couldn't get enough. This is good, because the one thing I have continued to worry about (ok, not the one thing, more like the one of a thousand things) is his appetite, which I don't perceive to be anywhere near what the older boys had. He can go completely through the night, 12 hours and wake up ready for the day, not screaming an looking for food. He seems to be growing and is happy, so I haven't risked a weigh in at the pediatrician's office, but I just worry that his little body isn't telling him what he needs. Like I said, he seems fine otherwise, he is even sitting up on his own. It's always hard to tell exactly when to call this milestone, he is still a little wobbly, but getting better every day. He continues to amaze me, hitting the milestones thus far at the same time or even early then his brothers. Unbelievable when you think he spent his first 2 months on his back, with no tummy time and less then ideal 02 sats for most of it. He has obviously moved past it all, I just wish I could say the same. I still find myself dwelling on the whole experience. I just can't seem to get it out of my mind. I met a new mom the other day and I told myself before hand that I wasn't going to mention his heart or the hospital time, but every thing we talked about made me think of it in some way or another and although I almost made it, I ended up cracking at the very end. This sounds very cliche, like a bad country song, but it's like his heart is fixed and I don't know if mine will ever be the same. In other goings on, Grant has apparently developed his first crush. We were watching, wait for it, Star Wars and a scene with Padme (the beautiful ex-queen now senator from Naboo) came on and he started giggling, then walked up and kissed the TV screen. We all just about lost it.

No comments: