Friday, October 2, 2009

FW: Fall Stuff

Lot’s of stuff on the to-be-blogged about post it and I don’t think any time will just magically appear (especially this week), so…the pics were of our requisite trip to the pumpkin “patch”.  I am sure I mentioned last year that pumpkin carving is a big deal around here.  We actually grew two pumpkins in the back yard this year (we meaning Jason).  The vine nearly overtook the entire back yard, but it was fun for the kids.  I have pics on the vine someplace, but can’t seem to locate them on my mess of a hard drive.  So 2 pumpkins only begins to fill out quota and off we went.  It took awhile, but we actually found a place where you could just buy pumpkins without signing on (and paying for) the whole fall experience.  The big boys were fine just looking through the huge selection, finding the perfect one (again and again) and loading up the wagon.  Notice the 4th of July t-shirts and G and R.  This is something I would have cared about when I had two kids (or cared enough to change it).  As it stands, I am just happy when Grant is wearing any clothes at all, he is going through a thing where clothes just cramp his style and you can almost always find him around the house in his underwear.  Thankfully, it seems to be limited to our house and he is still psyched up for preschool.  His teacher told me the other day that one of the new kids was having trouble with the transition and would just sit and watch playtime.  She said that Grant took it upon himself to reach out and hand him a car to play with.  That brought a huge lump to my throat, especially when at pickup I saw him pat the boy on the back and said, “It’s ok, your Dad will be here next”.  Too, too sweet.  We had a little wall art incident the other day and now he tells me on a regular basis at the most random times that he is not going to draw on the wall anymore.  I must have made him feel so bad and that of course make me feel bad.  As Grant and I were correcting the wall art with erasers, I turned to see Ryan adding his talent to the mix with the pencil I had just wrestled away from Grant.  Still don’t know what I am going to do with him.  He had a good time at the pumpkin farm, although he was going through major binky withdrawl.  Jason thinks it’s time to start down that path.  It’s not such a big deal to me, but I thought we would give it a go.  We survived but there was much signing “I want” (i.e. moving his little hand frantically up and down) and digging in empty pockets.  On the other hand, bottles just rode off into the sunset with little intervention from us.  One day, I just noticed we hadn’t given him one in a couple of days, so I packed them up and we have never looked back.  Why can’t everything be that easy?

No comments: