Thursday, October 29, 2009

Soccer Champs

As you can see, Kyle’s team did indeed make it to the championship game and did indeed win. So very exciting. He was so happy. He wore his medal the entire weekend. I am so sad and mad that I wasn’t there, you see the entire tournament got pushed back one day and Jason and I had already said we would be go to the wedding on the Saturday the big game ended up being played. I did want to go to the wedding, it was one of his guys and his fiancé was a nurse who works at Mercy and was very nice to me during our stay. Since we had already said we would be there, I have some overactive since of guilt and thought we shouldn’t back out and like I said, I did want to go, but the wedding ended up being very big and we didn’t even have a chance to say hi, they won’t even know we were there until they cash our check. So I ended up very mad and sad. I did the mature thing and took it out on Jason, thus ruining our night out and making me mad and sad all over again. I need to just get over it, but moving on is not always my strong point. Kyle, if you are reading this in the future, I am so sorry. I made a bad decision and I regret it, I should have been there, you are so much more important then anyone I would have seen at the wedding, had I seen anyone at the wedding at all. Ok, moving on. The other picture shows us completing our mission of delivering the goods we collected a good two months ago for RMH. In our defense, we did deliver the bulk of them soon after our party, but we missed one bag when we loaded up. I didn’t get pics like I wanted the first time, so it ended up working out. We used the trip downtown to visit Kaleidoscope as well, then dropped Ryan off at the cave and headed back to Science City where Mad Science had extra stuff set up. Quite a night that went unphotographed when my camera batteries died. Kyle LOVED Science city and was excited to write about it in his what I did this weekend journal they keep at school. When I got the text message saying they won their game, I turned to Jason and said, “Kaleidoscope and Science City are long forgotten aren’t they”, to which is said, “Oh, yeah”.

It seems I haven’t had many Grant stories of late, so here are two that center around bedtime books. The first is after we had read a book called Hairy, Scary, Ordinary, What is and adjective?

Me: So what is an adjective, Grant? Grant: An adjective is when someone gets really mad and they take a shortcut and then they are hairy, scary or ordinary. Me: Exactly.

Grant: This is a book about Jesus, Jesus can do anything, and you know what? The next time we go to church, I’m, ah, I um, I’m, I’m….not going to yell at you. Me: Wow, what are you going to do? Grant: Just relax. (we tried it out on Sunday and he went from maybe a C- to a B in the behavior department)

I was not reading text messages from my Mom about the status of the game during the aforementioned wedding (that's not her in the background sending a text message). I am just not one of those peopIe. While on the subject of texting, my mom did not start texting before me, I am an IT professional after all. I have not taken Kyle to school 3 of 4 days this week. He is always ready to go and at the bus stop at exactly 8:05. I never need the extra 5 minutes driving him affords me. If I had taken him, I would not have had him get out of the van and go brush his teeth when I realized it was health screening day and someone would be looking in his mouth. Oral hygiene never falls victim to the morning chaos around here. Had he actually been late on one of these days, I would not have had to march into school in my pj t-shirt covered up by a fleece jacket toting Ryan still in his pjs on my hip to sign him in.

No comments: