Saturday, January 15, 2011

has it really been 10 years?

Well, it turns out that it has and we decided to celebrate with a trip to Vegas, sans kids of course.  It was a good trip, we left early Tuesday morning and came back Thursday afternoon (our actual anniversary), which was just enough time.  Not being big gamblers, we actually got a little bored at times, which lead us to shell out money to see the aquarium exhibit at Mandalay Bay as shown in the pic of Jason with the jelly fish.  But don’t get me wrong, it was soo nice to get away.  My wardrobe was made up almost entirely from things borrowed from Ashlie’s closet it was fun to not feel like ourselves for a few days.  We had some amazing food and saw the Viva Elvis show by Cirque, which was really, really cool.  I enjoyed gourmet cupcakes, sleeping in, watching cable and getting completely lost in a great book.  Our good friend Gail sent us the champagne, which made us feel very upscale.  As I mentioned, we were not big gamblers, I lost probably $50 (16 on Deal or No Deal) and Jason the same.  I did however end up even when on the way out to meet Jason to catch a cab to the airport, I saw a slot machine my friend had recommended.  I put in $5 and walked away with $56 after winning 50 free spins on my second or third try.  I was so excited when I went out to meet Jason, he probably thought I won $500.  The kids did great with grandma and pipa.  Mom said on their way back home the first day, Grant said “Grandma, it’s great to have no parents tonight!”.

 

No comments: