Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Breathing On His Own

Ryan succesfully kicked the ventalitor habit today. They spent most of the day weaning and about 5 he was alert enough for them to remove the breathing tube they had placed in his nose before the surgery. This was a big step forward. They also took off the O2 sensor that had been placed on his forehead, so he looks like our Ryan again. It is very good to see, I actually starting taking pictures. I am headed home to do bedtime with the boys and if that goes well, I may post some pictures, but I wouldn't bet on it with my little night owls.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So great to catch up on your god (that was a typo but when I went back to correct it I thought I should leave it) news. I've been out of touch with my computer for a few days but have been thinking of you all and praying for you all so much. I was so glad to get to read up on Ryan's successful surgery and progress. What a miracle baby you have! I bet he'll continue to sail through his recovery and get home sooner than you expect. Take care...ALL of you!

Hugs, Melanie

Mary Meyer said...

Brandi,
I am glad to hear things are going so well. I'll bet he'll bounce back faster than any of us can imagine. Thanks for the posts! What a great way to keep everyone informed. Mary

Anonymous said...

Keep going Ryan! (and Brandi and Jason and Kyle and Grant....)

Unknown said...

Hi Brandi,
Gail has kept me posted about Ryan's progress. So happy to hear the good news. He sounds like a little trooper. We'll keep praying and lighting candles for all of you. We can identify!
Glanced at the pix of Kyle and Grant. They look so grown up! Take care of yourselves.
Love, Barb