Saturday, June 28, 2008

Moving On Up

Ryan was transfered out of the PICU onto a regular floor today. I have spent the day with the boys while Jason has been with Ryan. I will stay with him all of the time now, kind of like rooming in after a baby is born at a regular hospital, so I have been getting my bag ready in between games of hide and seek and Jr Monopoly. I am excited, but scared. I have heard it can be a rough transition, going from nearly constant attention of a nurse, to having an nurse managing mulitple patients. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Jason said Ryan still doesn't have much of an appetite, but he is consistently taking his minimum of 35 mL every three hours.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad he's moved to the regular floor. That's a major milestone! I'm sure you're enjoying spending time with him one on one.

Anonymous said...

Glad to that Ryan keeps making steady progress. Good luck on the regular floor. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Hang in there and start counting the days until he is home! Hope the regular floor is doing well and his lungs are doing better. And if he's anything like his brothers, his eating will perk up in no time... he's been through a lot, so give him some time :-). I hope he's nursing like a champ and not getting too tired on you. Can't wait for his homecoming!

Janet and the Scheiers

Carri said...

Congrats on moving to the regular floor! It sounds like you are dealing with this as true champs. I am sure that Ryan feels all of your love surrounding him, as well as all of the prayers being said for him. We think of him often and are still sending prayers for all of you!

Carri, Eric & Savannah Thies