Monday, June 23, 2008

Waiting Game

Lots of waiting today. Ryan had a good day yesterday and a good night. They opted to leave him on the tiny dose of prostins and let him rest. I held him alot during the day and Jason and I both came up last night and this morning for his last feeding at 6. I was afraid that this morning he would wake up hungry, but the nurse was able to sneak on last ounce at 7:30 (his cutoff was actually 8) and she did her assesment early so he has been sleeping for now (as I have said, the nurses are super human). They aren't entirely sure when they will come and get him for surgery, which I think I have said before, but he is the 3rd case of the day so the nurse estimated late morning to early afternoon. That's about all for now.

Thanks to everyone who offered to watch the boys. Our neighbors, the Haukap's entertain them almost daily and they had a good time with the Stockwell's last week and I am sure the will be at the Salmond's at some point this week. While Ryan is in the PICU he will be sedated while he heals and I will try to spend as much time with the older boys as we can, but once he is moved to the floor, he will need to have Jason or I with him at all times, so I will for sure be taking up more people on offers to watch them, which I so appreciate. As I have said, my family is amazing, showing up anytime we have asked, for as long as we have asked, but I know even saints need a break at some point.

Lots of good thoughts today. I will post when I know more. We are supposed to get updates at 1 hour intervals throughout the surgery, but it will probably be late this evening or tomorrow when I post again. Take care.

6 comments:

Julie said...

I've been thinking about Ryan all day today. I hope it all goes well and he can begin his recovery. I can't wait to see him at home with his brothers!

Anonymous said...

Sending warm hugs from AZ and wishing little Ryan all the best.

The Reeds

Anonymous said...

Finally able to access -- we're all praying for little Ryan and thinking about you and the boys. Can't wait to see you all!

chelle & the cuzins

Anonymous said...

Brandi and Jason,

You and sweet Ryan are in my thoughts today.

Anonymous said...

Brandi and Jason -

I'm sure it's been a crazy day full of super highs and heart-wrenching lows. Hang in there. You and the docs have used all your God-given talents to the best of your ability. I'm sure God gave Ryan a couple of extra Guardian angels today to watch over him.

Talk to you soon!
Janet and the Scheiers

Anonymous said...

We too have been saying our prayers for Ryan. We would be more than happy to take a turn with the boys if needed! You are in great hands at Children's. Those nurses and docs are very special. Our thoughts are with you!

Melissa, Aaron, Mason & Ethan Gray