Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Birthday to Jason

Jason's birthday was today. The pic is of the kids coloring wrapping paper for his present, a new compost bin. If you know Jason, you know it doesn't really get much better then that. This brings the total number of places we can create compost to 3 at our house. We really do not belong in the suburbs. In addition to the present, we celebrated with dinner at Planet Sub. It is so nice no that Ryan is a little older and we are at the edge of flu season and we can sneak out as a family of 5 from time to time. The party didn't last long though, while I was feeding Ryan, actually while I had fallen asleep feeding Ryan, Grant got sick so we didn't quite make it to cake. "I'm sorry you had to clean up throw up on your birthday" is one of those things I never imagined myself every hainvg to say. But Jason, being Jason, didn't complain at all.

Over the weekend, we had the ultimate gift from my mom, she kept the boys all night, even Ryan. Jason and I went to dinner and came home to a house so clean and quiet it just felt strange. I thought I was going to have to turn on the baby monitor to hear the fan in Ryan's room to get to sleep. But sleep I did, 7 hours in a row and I felt like a completely new person. It's amazing to me that I can be so ready for a break from parenting, but packing their things up to take to Grandma's always makes me a little sad and I am always ready to go get them first thing after I wake up. The other pic was just one of those moments when it hit me that I have 3 kids. How lucky I am.

No comments: