Saturday, March 28, 2009

Busy Week

I really don't even know where to start this week.  I finally have some work to do, so I was in a much better mood.  I didn't realize how much I enjoy our schedule when I am working.  I don't know how full time stay at home moms do it, I was about to go insane. I guess I will just start with Monday.  Grant had his 9 month checkup with the new pediatrician, Dr. G.  He continues to do amazingly well, 20 pounds, 29 inches long, great numbers for any baby, let alone one who had a two month delay to making any progress.  He was just getting over a cold and had some fluid in his ears, but other then that was the picture of health.  I loved the new doctor and wish I would have switched months ago.  She asked me lots of questions about Ryan and even asked me how I was doing, if I was sleeping well and said it is not unusual for hospital moms to experience anxiety for quite some time after their kids are doing better and reminded me that one of the best things I can do for all of my kids is to take care of myself.  I can guarantee that would have never crossed the mind of previous doctor.  That was Monday, which ended up being a big heart day.  That night was a CHD Families meeting.  I was able to deliver the blankets I had been making.  The pictures are of Kyle with the one he picked out and Ryan with all 6.  These blankets will be given to parents who have a kiddo at Mercy going through cardiac surgery and are similar to the one we received from what turned out to be a family from our church.  I stayed for the meeting, but don't know if I will in the future.  Everyone was so nice, but most have kids with CHD's that are more severe and require multiple surgeries.  At the meeting, I also delivered some goodies to include in baskets CHD families is making for Doctor's day, along with cards that I made on Snapfish with Ryan's picture.  I include on the back one from the hospital and it is truly amazing how far he has come.  Just this week he has started big time cruising (at the doctor's office, he went from chair to chair around the entire waiting room) and even learned yesterday to walk behind his push walker.  He smiles from ear to ear when he does it and you can tell he is so proud of himself.  I think he is also signing more, although I think right now he just thing is means "I am eating" and knows it gets a reaction out of me, but it is a start.  He is pretty much done with baby food as he much prefers to pick up little bits of table food.  Friday, he ate half a piece of pizza for dinner and threw a fit when I even suggested a little bit of baby food.  In other kid news, Grant is obsessed with opposites after discussing the subject in preschool.  What's the opposite of apple? Banana.  Closet?  Bunk Bed?  Clothes? PJs and our favorite, Gun? Light saber.  I should probably explain that some words don't really have opposites, but the toddler word association is to much fun. Kyle wanted to go with me on my run/walk on Wednesday.  I thought I would have to nag him to keep up a fast walk pace.  Boy was a I wrong.  The big loop around our neighborhood that took me 16.5 minutes the night before was covered in less then 13 and I don't even think it was a big challenge for him.  He is 6 and is running well over a mile!  The big thing I didn't do was let my baby stand up on the chair while we were making cookies and let him fall and bump his head on the hard wood.  Only a complete idiot would put a baby standing up in the chair!  I would know that would mean no sleep for me tonight because I would be so worried that I want to check on him every hour and that it would ruin an otherwise perfect weekend.

1 comment:

Boos Family said...

I'm so glad you like the new doctor!! I agree with the "hospital mom anxiety"... I don't think it's something we will ever get over.