Friday, March 20, 2009

Ryan's First Trip to the Zoo

Being spring break, I felt some pressure to do something kid oriented even though 2 of my 3 kids are home most of the time anyways. So we up and went to the zoo on Thursday with my good friend Julie and her 3 kiddos. "We" included Mom and Lilly (note the picture, I did her piggy tails), so it was quite the group, 3 adults, 7 kids, 3 strollers. I was anxious to see how Ryan did with a longer outing, we didn't really go anywhere over the winter as I have said many times. While I can't say he was thrilled, he did a pretty good job in the stroller (even though I forgot the tray part and it looked like he was just haning in by the harness). He only got fussy at the very end and that was remedied by a bottle in the van on the way home. I have been worried that he isn't nursing enough to get enough fluid, so I started giving him some of that next step formula in his sippy cups and yesterday took it to the zoo in a bottle and to my shock and slight dismay, he sucked it down. He still nursed this morning but was all fidgety again in the afternoon and he wasn't feeling super well, so I tried the bottle again and he chugged it right down. I would have thought I would have been more sad about this, given how hard I fought at the beginning to nurse him and I probably am on some level, but he does seem to enjoy the bottle and act like he is ready to move on. Getting rid of the nursing bras will be nice to. The only thing I haven't done this week is buy my 3 year old Fruit Loop Cereal straws at the store just because he said "Please" and clasped his little hands to his chest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brandy- did he like the straws? We have some Applejacks ones that were a must, 2 tries later, no one will eat them...Oh well, so goes motherhood, huh?

Melissa Gray