Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekend Blues

Here is my best recollection comments Grant made this evening about the wedding picture that hangs in my bedroom.  "Mommy, you are a ballerina and daddy is a teacher", "You went to church and you got those flowers and you dropped Kyle and I off at the park to play", "The next time my friends are here, I am going to show bring them here and show them this picture".  I was about to lose it, I don't think I have ever talked to him about our wedding or that picture, this just all came pouring out of his little brain.  The attached picture is not the one he was talking about, but I haven't downloaded pictures this week (I tried to take 9 month pictures of Ryan and never had much luck) and I remembered I have a few very low resolution digitals of the ancient event.  It seems like a million years ago, especially this weekend.  Jason didn't work, which was so nice and I tried really hard to be in a good mood, but it just didn't seem to happen.  It was even a nice day on Saturday and Kyle's 1st soccer game was at 3:30, so we decided to all go, which was really nice (we took turns last season so one of us could stay with Ryan).  We ended up playing against this coach I hate (he has his team of 5 year olds practice indoors all winter, 5 year olds!) AND we were short players and had no subs.  It wasn't pretty and I was afraid Kyle would be really upset, but he did really well, I think I was more upset them him.  I really need to learn to not get so invested in his sports and while I am at it, not to volunteer for so many things, I was trying to pass out shirts because I volunteered to do that and keep track of an extra kid because I volunteered to give him a ride to the game.  Yes, I have alot to learn.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Love the story Grant told about your wedding picture. Too cute!