Thursday, April 30, 2009

All by himself...

Just look at those little toes holding on for dear life. This trick (standing on his own) usually elicits clapping from me or his brothers, so now he will proudly clap for himself anytime he realizes he is working without a net. And have I mentioned the boy can climb? And eat? He is packing away the food these days. We call him our little garbage disposal. He lets you know when he is hungry, so mealtime usually starts with me putting a bunch of food on his tray, then fixing food for his brothers. Before I realize it, I look over at an empty tray and a baby frantically making the more sign. A couple of times I have checked to see if he has dropped it all on the floor. I wish he was drinking from a sippy as well. He will take a drink, but generally spits it back out. I guess time will tell. It's been a rough week, I had a sinusy headache all last week and things just spiraled out of control and I feel hopelessly behind. We have all been fishing laundry out the basket (it is clean, just not folded) for days now and I am literally kneed deep in making the winter to summer clothing switch for all of the boys. What was difficult for 2 seems mind boggling for 3 and it's hard to make headway when you are locked out of your workspace (their bedrooms) during your most productive time (after bed). I can't even get through the basic stuff like this and I feel like there is no hope of working on my other projects like writing and email for the heart walk, making our 2008 photo book and a montage of all our video clips. I feel like I have about a million things started and just sitting in limbo. I keep saying, when Ryan is 1, things will get better. It's also been raining alot as it tends to do in spring. I look forward to watching Kyle play soccer and baseball on the weekends, but instead I have been dealing with his heartbreak at not being able to play because of the wet fields. Ok, enough already. I have much to be grateful for and I know that. I have tried to do something fun with the boys at least once a day. Kyle and I made slim yesterday and the we went for a walk to splash in the puddles (and boy did they splash, I wanted them to rinse off when we got home even though it wasn't bath night, so Grant tried out the shower where he basically just stood shaking his little booty saying "I'm washing my butt, I'm washing my butt") Maybe we'll go skating or bowling this weekend, anything to get out of the house.

Given how things are going, I am not taking all 3 boys AND my niece to the mall to get their picture taken tomorrow. I love my mom and all and she loves pictures of all her grandkids together, but that would just not be worth it, especially given that I am volunteering at the school fundraiser in the morning and Grant has his first Spring Sing program tomorrow night. I am not putting off work that I should be doing right now, because today and every day are so unproductive during daylight. I am much more responsible then that.

2 comments:

Shawn Arni said...

I'm the Marketing Director at Children's Mercy. I came across your blog and wanted to thank you for sharing your story. It is a comfort to other parents to know that others have been through this before and that they can have hope. I would encourage you to share Ryan's story at MillionReasons.org where it can be seen by even more parents.

David & Dorothy said...

Looks like you boys are doing great. We would love to see Ryan. Maybe one of these days we can get together. He is growing up so fast. From the pictures looks like Grant & Kyle are also growing up so fast. Good to hear that you all are doing good. I love the pictures of all the guys in their neck ties. Hope we get to see you all this summer. David & Dorothy