Wednesday, April 1, 2009

CHD Families Picnic














In addition to playing in the late March snow, we went to the CHD Families picnic on Sunday. I kind of didn't want to go, I thought I would feel out of place, but we ended up having a really good time. It was very casual, just a nice lunch and a bunch of kids running around. With the recent snow, they couldn't play outside which was kind of a bummer, but someone brought painting stuff and an indoor bowling set. Eventually, all of the boys seemed to be using the plastic bowling pins as light sabers. I am sure my boys had nothing to do with that. I bought a couple of things in the silent auction and we had a chance to see the Knipps from our church. The picture is of their son, Will, with Ryan. Kim made the blanket that was in the CHD Families care package, so it was a very small world story when I realized that we attend the same church. They are so nice and it was good to have some time to hang out a little with them. I think I am going to do the heart walk as well. I usually hate asking people for money and I will probably just make a large donation on my own, but I probably will send out a few emails since the director of CHD Families has worked very hard to get the funds restricted to CHD Research. The other pictures are one of the whole family before the picnic. By some miracle, we were ready a little early and I wanted a nice picture of all of us. But as you can see, Grant thought that was a little to much to ask. The other picture shows how he quickly redeemed himself by holding Ryan's hand in the car. He always does that now and it is pretty darn cute.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Send an email to me about the heart walk ;)